New-age ecommerce site development
As ecommerce is evolving, needs of a basic ecommerce engine are changing fast. Earlier, ecommerce was about product catalogue, payment gateway, inventory management, shipping management, basic reporting, good looking design and less complex admin interface. Now it is also about -
- In-built promotion engine
- Ability to up-sell, cross-sell
- In-built engine for managing search engine rankings
- Intuitive content management system to manage static content
- Intuitive admin interface
- Comprehensive analytics and reporting
- And more…
In fact, it goes ahead and demands -
- Ability to do consultative selling without human interface
- Ability to create a mind-blowing user experience
- Ability to do sharp targeting
- Ability to pull an average web surfer to your product page
- Ability to manage customers by groups
- Ability to run intelligent loyalty programs
- Being scalable to social commerce
- Being compatible for mobile platforms
Demand just keeps growing. Unless your ecommerce portal fulfills all or most of these needs, it becomes very difficult to survive and sustain in present competitive scenario. However, in fulfilling these demands, major problems remain are – turnaround time and budget requirement.
There are a number of opensource ecommerce platforms available – Magento, osCommerce, VirtueMart, ZenCart, CSCart to name a few. Among them, we believe, Magento looks like the most comprehensive and feature-rich platform – It is most widely used, It can serve almost all new-age ecommerce requirements and it can be deployed quickly.
However, choice of platform can only be firmed after analyzing the business needs of a particular ecommerce portal. Any such platform can be implemented, customized to our liking and made to perform. However, the key is how we utilize if not exploit value out of them.
A good partner, who takes consultative approach and helps you utilize value out of your ecommerce platform, is what you need. This is where Signy helps you.
- Understanding your vision, goals and expectations about your ecommerce portal
- Understanding the product range
- Understanding profile of current buyers
- Analyzing the geographical-reach potential
- Analyzing direct and indirect competition
- Analyzing all that in the system-context
- Workout a product and catalogue presentation strategy
- Workout promotion tactics
- Recommend and discuss with you worked out strategies and tactics
- Prepare and publish deployment plan
What you get – a snapshot of benefits
- Get complete control over the visual, functional and content aspect of your ecommerce site
- Enjoy ultimate flexibility in intelligently managing your ecommerce site
- Get the power to create an amazing online shopping experience for your customers,
- Own an engine which is designed to be completely scalable
- Be assured of an extensive support and continuity of service
- And more…
It is tempting to standardize engagement model. However, that does not work too well for all customers. Scenarios can be different for different types of customers, for example –
- Well established or backed-by-funds company will have turnaround time and overall quality as major concerns than the budget and fund flow.
- A company which does not have in-house IT staff will have more concerns about the support, maintenance and hand-holding.
- A well-funded startup venture will have more concerns about ‘time to market’.
- Any other startup would have budget as well as ‘time to market’ concerns.
All such scenarios can not be handled by any standard engagement model. We focus on creating a win-win situation by being flexible in working out engagement model.